Monday, October 26, 2015

Follow Your Intuition

The greatest thing that I have learned through this mighty roller coaster of a year is trusting my intuition and following it. I'm naturally very sensitive and intuitive, but it wasn't until this past year  that I really learned to recognize it as an amazing gift. I believe that everyone is intuitive to a degree. Some of us might be more sensitive to it than others, but the bottom line is that we all have an intuition and we should all follow it.

Jewel even wrote a song about this. I believe it goes something like this "Follow your heart, your intuition, it will lead you in the right direction." If Jewel says it's important then that should be solid proof haha but seriously though. she was inspired.

Every time that I've try to go against my intuition, or ignore it,  or second guess it, I've just brought on more problems for myself. I'd be lying if I said that I don't still struggle with it because I do. My natural tendency is to second guess what I feel in my in my heart of hearts is true.

Just the other day I was talking to my mom about thoughts and feelings that I'd been getting about the  direction of my life and even dreams that I had. I knew that I was being lead in a direction, but still I was questioning it. Mom gave me the most sound advice that I knew I couldn't ignore. She said "trust your feelings."

Sometimes in the moment what our intuition might be telling us might not make a lot of sense. However, if you feel like you are being pushed or pulled in a certain direction DON'T fight it. I guarantee that it will make sense if you are brave enough and wise enough to just let it guide you.

I don't believe in coincidences. I strongly believe that EVERYTHING happens for a reason. We are lead to certain people for a reason. We are put in certain situations for a reason. Things happen for a reason and signs are a real thing whether or not you choose to believe it. Maybe you are too proud or too scared to recognize signs in your own life, or maybe you have recognized them and are like me and second guess it.

No matter the case, actually acting on your intuition is terrifying and a lot of times inconvenient. TRUST ME I know. Don't let that hold you back. Trust the signs that are placed in front of you, follow them, and let your intuition guide you. In the inspiring words of Jewel, "it will lead you in the right direction."




No comments:

Post a Comment