Tuesday, January 24, 2017

I Left My Heart In Oregon

If you've read any of my previous blog posts, then you know that a lot of my answers and inspiration come through different songs. It happens to me every so often, and when it does I get the urge to share my experience. Well my most recent experience has to do with my love for Oregon and how much I've missed it since I've been here in the great and proud state of Texas.

Most of you know that I moved out here to Texas to help my aunt, the marvelous artist and publisher, Irene Titera, with our Inbox Magazine called Life Is Delightable. Don't worry, it's coming SOON! Anyway in the mean time I am also working part time as a receptionist at Dollamur Sports Surfaces. I started this gig last week and I was having a pretty stressful day just learning the ropes of my position and the company. I felt like I was doing everything wrong and some of the girls are a little gossipy, which I was forewarned about in my interview. Long story short I was having a hard time and just missing my life back in Oregon.

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for this opportunity to work so closely with my aunt here in Texas.  Not to mention I have a phenomenal, loving boyfriend, who I wouldn't have met and fallen in love with otherwise, but I still miss Oregon like crazy ALL the time. Maybe it was just the stress of everything, but I was missing it a little more than I usually do. As I was driving home feeling like a failure in multiple aspects of my life I couldn't help but think about how much I missed Oregon and how much I wished that I could go back. Just as this thought entered my mind a song came on randomly on a Spotify playlist. And that song was called Coming Home (Oregon) by Matt Kearney. Of course the words that rang the loudest in my ears were "I left my heart in Oregon."

Coincidence? Well I don't believe in coincidences. Maybe Dad was trying to tell me something. Only time will tell. I hope that I will eventually find myself back in Oregon, even though Washington is technically my home. For now though, Texas is where I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment